Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Puzzling

Rules for completing puzzles:

Rule #1: All edge pieces are to be sorted out beforehand and the frame of the puzzle assembled before anything else.

Rule #2: Complete the puzzle by working from the edges towards the inside.

Rule #3: The last piece you place must be significant, like an eyeball.

Rule #4: The puzzle must be completed at all costs.

Four-year-olds don't follow the rules so I have to leave the room when Big Boy is doing a puzzle so I don't damage his young ego or twitch nervously when he is doing it wrong. He completed two puzzles today (28 piece and 46 piece) and was very proud of his accomplishment. I was proud of myself for not standing over him barking orders while he did it. Win! Win!

(I also sort my candy by color then eat it in ROYGBIV order.)

2 comments:

Laura R said...

It's confirmed. You are as crazy as I am.

Niki said...

I just assumed that EVERYBODY sorted their candy but whenever I mention it to someone, they just look at me weird. I sort mine by color and eat the extras until all colors have the same amount then I rotate to keep things even. And if you aren't following the puzzle rules - it's anarchy!