Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Locked Out

Big Boy ran out on the second story back patio this evening when he heard lightening. He likes to climb on the planters so I ran out after him to keep him from falling. I turn around just in time to see Little Man coming out behind us and closing the door before he yells, "I locked door!" The door was in fact locked and I was stuck outside with both the boys.

Luckily our new across the alley neighbors were sitting on their back patio eating dinner. I called for help and the neighbor came over. Every door to our house was locked, including our interior garage door which we rarely lock (unless you're a robber/rapist/murderer, then it is locked all the time and guarded by a vicious dog.) She was good enough to text hubs for me.

I was trembling because Princess B was inside alone. She was in her crib napping (thank goodness), but she was still alone. I also had a batch of cookies in the oven. Finally hubs rescued us from our balcony prison and I was relieved that Princess B wasn't screaming. Cookies were burnt to a crisp.

I am very thankful that our neighbors were outside and especially relieved that Princess B was in her crib napping and not inside crawling around. I was able to make friends with a nice new neighbor who was the lucky recipient of a plate of cookies. Funniest thing about it . . . . this is the second time this has happened. Blush.

3 comments:

Jen O. said...

Erg, scary. Maybe you can hide a key out there (just don't tell the robbers/rapists/murderers)?

Beckster said...

Headed to the hardware store right now to get some spares made.

Crys said...

Oh my goodness. I'm so glad Princess B was safe and sound(ly) asleep!