Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

Calculations

You buy some outlandishly priced, individually packaged fruit snack pouches because your kids begged and there was a coupon so whatever. There are ten pouches in the box and you have two children who can eat the fruit snacks. If they are allowed one pouch a day the fruit snacks will last for five days. Easy right?

Do not make the following mistake. The following is my inner dialogue:

"It's late and I want something to eat because I am bored."

"Hmm, nothing in the fridge and I don't really want to pig out on ice cream. If only there were something that was sweet, but low calorie."

"Fruit snacks! Perfect. I will have one pouch of fruit snacks. Yummy."

That was two nights ago. Today I got to witness the "There is only one fruit snack left so you have to share it" meltdown of 2011. Two boys, one fruit snack pouch, no holds barred.

2 comments: