Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Cleverness

We were looking for a place to go for dinner and dad asked Big Boy where he wanted to eat. A little information to help everyone understand how funny this story is. Dad's favorite food is Indian and when he asks the kids where they want to eat, he always tries to talk them into Indian.

Big Boy: I want mac and cheese. (he is referring to Noodles and Company)

Dad: Eh, I don't really feel like that. How about something different? Maybe Cantina 18 (a sit-down Mexican restaurant next door to the Noodles and Company)

Big Boy: I want mac and cheese!!

Dad: Okay if you can tell me the name of the restaurant with the mac and cheese we will go there.

(A minute of silence)

Big Boy: Indian.

Dad: (excitedly) You want to get Indian food!

Big Boy: No, the name of the restaurant is Indian.

Dad: You want to go to an Indian restaurant?

Big Boy: No, I want mac and cheese.

Dad: That's not the name of the restaurant.

Big Boy: The name of the restaurant is Indian because I just gave it that name and now it is called Indian. Let's go to Indian and have mac and cheese.

Can't argue with that.

No comments: